AVIATION / UAVBrochure
Global aerospace manufacturers are investing in the future of electric and hybrid aircraft. They have begun their journey towards carbon zero, developing eco-friendly systems in line with global environmental regulations to reduce CO2 emissions. The European Union (EU) has announced its goal to reduce 75 percent of the current CO2 emissions in the aviation sector by 2050. Norway announced that all of its short-haul flights will be on electric aircraft by 2040. France, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Belgium are all pushing to introduce environmental taxes on planes to reduce greenhouse gases. With these trends and changes, the aviation industry has continuously developed hybrid and fully-electric aircraft. At the same time, the battery market has been growing to support a wide range of aviation applications, including UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles), solar powered aircraft and UAM (Urban Air Mobility).
WELL-VERIFIED AND MARKET-LEADING PERFORMANCE IN HARSH WEATHER CONDITIONS
For aviation applications, battery performance is critical, as batteries must be able to withstand frequent changes in temperature or other environmental conditions, while maintaining properties such as reduced weight and high energy density. Kokam products are tested to operate in a wide range of environmental conditions including temperature, humidity, and pressure.
The high power output feature is ideal for an aircraft backup power source, which can function in the event of a failure of the normal power system.
The compactness of Kokam’s battery solution decreases overall fuel consumption saving both cost and energy.
- Battery Solutions for
the Next Generation of Aviation
- Lightweight Compact, lightweight and simple design
- Powerful High power capability
- Flexibility Applicable to a wide range of aircraft and aviation equipment
- An electric aircraft produces less noise and vibration. It also has a lighter and simpler design compared to conventional combustion engine aircraft. An electric glider could be commercialized as a two-seater aircraft equipped with 5-10kWh Kokam batteries for propulsion power. A solar powered airplane could use a secondary battery so that during daytime it stores energy from the attached panels and then discharges the stored energy at night.
- - Manned Aircraft
- Solar Integrated Aircraft
- Engine Starter
- Emergency & Auxiliary Power
In aviation, battery performance is critical. Kokams field-proven battery solution withstands frequent temperature changes and
harsh environmental conditions while featuring a compact, lightweight design.
AVIATION / UAV APPLICATIONS
UAV / Drone