Kokam designs and develops lithium ion batteries to meet the military requirements of high power and high energy density systems with less weight. These high performing batteries are optimal solutions for applications in armored fighting vehicles (Stryker, Cougar, M-series Tanks) and support vehicles (FMTV / HEMMT / HUMVEE).Brochure
MILITARY BATTERY TYPE
Type 1. UAV / DRONE / FIGHTER JET
UAVs, Drones, and Fighter Jets require reliable and high performing batteries to ensure normal operation in harsh environments. Kokam’s aviation batteries for manned aerial vehicles & UAVs are highly reliable, safe, and space efficient.
UAVs and drones are controlled from ground based stations, and such advanced vehicles require advanced communication and power components to ensure a safe and reliable flight. Installing high tech sensors and components into a relatively small UAV or other aircraft is often challenging. However, Kokam's light weight and compact lithium ion batteries allow for additional space within the UAV, which could be used to accommodate various components. Kokam UAV batteries will make your UAVs or any kind of aircraft to be lighter in weight and fly faster than others.
Type 2. ARMORED FIGHTING / SUPPORT VEHICLE
high performing batteries are optimal solutions for applications in armored fighting vehicles (Stryker, Cougar, M-series Tanks) and support vehicles (FMTV / HEMM / HUMVEE). Lithium ion batteries can be applied effectively for starting engines of vehicles, or they can be used as an independent power source for various applications, such as vehicles designed for military tactics, ground robotics and exploration vehicles for research markets.
Type 3. UUV / TORPEDO / SUBMARINE
Kokam is taking a leading place in the field of lithium ion batteries for maritime applications. Examples of large scale deployment of Kokam lithium ion batteries include electric propulsion of surface ships (100% battery powered ferries with a displacement of up to 3,000 tonnes); hybrid ship propulsion to reduce fuel consumption and boost peak power, thus reducing reliance on gas turbines and propulsion of diesel electric submarines with the strategic advantages of increased subsurface range, higher speed, and reduced surface charge time.
As with all technology deployments, the safe operation requires a carefully engineered solution. In addition, selecting a suitable technology for each application is imperative for a successful deployment.
For example, the propelling characteristic of a torpedo is remarkably different compared to that of a submarine. Kokam offers customized cells that are best suitable for specific applications.
Kokam ensures the safety of the cells by selecting the appropriate chemical ingredients and adopting rigorous quality management procedures.
Type 4. PORTABLE DEVICE & MOBILE ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEM
Kokam’s Mobile ESS assures successful military operation by effectively using the limited space, improving the condition of driving & transportation in the battlefield. We also provide our customers with a simple inspection & repair procedure to optimize military operation and training.
- Operational in -20°C to +60°C
- More than 4,000 cycles (80% DOD, 25±3℃, 1C Charge/Discharge, project spec)
- 95% charge/discharge efficiency (BOL, 25±3℃, 0.5C Charge/Discharge)
- Strong endurance against vibration and physical impact
- Applied anti-swing & low noise technology
- FLEXIBLY SCALABLE SYSTEM DESIGN
- With its flexible and modular design, Kokam’s Battery Modules can be customized to meet various technical
- SUPERIOR POWER AND ENERGY
- Kokam's Lithium ion batteries are an optimal power source for UUVs, torpedoes and submarines. Their compact design, superior power and energy characteristics brings high efficiency and strengthens reliability for diverse marine applications.
- EXTENDED BATTERY SERVICE LIFE
- Kokam’s battery solutions can deliver significantly high power outputs for long durations and have a compact structure with exceptionally long life span.
- SUSTAINS HIGH POWER IN LOW TEMPERATURES
- COMMIT TO CUSTOMER’S SPECIFIC NEEDS
- Lithium ion batteries can be applied effectively for starting engines of vehicles, or they can be used as an independent power source for various applications, such as vehicles designed for military tactics, ground robotics and exploration vehicles for research markets. Together with our exceptional technical capabilities and comprehensive system-level knowledge and expertise, we will endeavor to meet customers' specific requirements to offer real value for our customers.
With its flexible and modular design, Kokam’s Battery Modules can be customized to meet various technical needs. The reliability of batteries in defense, marine and aviation is vital to their performance. Kokam’s lithium ion batteries are capable of operating over a wide temperature range, which is ideal for rugged defense use. Kokam provides high tech solutions for various defense applications ranging from small portable electronics to highly sophisticated machinery, ensuring that it is always prepared for the unexpected.
- KEY STRENGTHS
- Superior Power Performance
- High Energy Density
- Strong Endurance under Harsh Environment
- Low impedence and heat dissipation
- Light weight
- - UAV, Drone, Fighter Jet
- - Armed Fighting, Support Vehicle
- - UUV, Torpedo, Submarine
- - Portable Device, Mobile Energy Storage System