Aviation / UAV
Kokam has successfully designed and manufactured mission-critical battery solutions, which are extensively applied to some of the most advanced UAV systems in the field. Kokam’s cells are renowned for their reliability and class-leading energy density.Brochure
UHE BATTERY TYPE
Kokam’s UAV cells are designed for exceptional energy density and safety.
It is made with advanced cathode and anode materials, using a high concentration of nickel and C/Si-coated graphite respectively. This advancement, along with Kokam’s unique coating technology, enables the creation of the UHE NMC Cell.
|Energy Density (Wh/kg)||246||249|
|Nominal Voltage (V)||3.67||3.67|
|Current||Max. Charge (A)||11.6||26|
|Max. Discharge (A)||23.2||52|
|Peak. Discharge (A)||46.4||104|
|Installed Energy (Wh, @BOL)||673|
|Nominal Voltage (V)||25.9|
|Efficiency (Round trip, @ 0.5P-rate) >95%||>95%|
|Operational temperature (℃)||-25 ~ 55|
|Charge Current Cont./Peak (kW)||0.3/0.6|
|Discharge Current Cont./Peak (kW)||0.7/1.6|
- LIGHTER AND SIMPLER DESIGNS
- An electric aircraft equipped with Kokam's battery produces minimal noise and vibration. It also has a lighter and simpler design compared to an internal combustion engine and allows convenient access for maintenance. An electric glider, for example, could be commercialized two-seater aircraft equipped with 5-10kWh Kokam batteries for propulsion power.
- ECO-FRIENDLY SOLUTION
- A solar powered airplane also installs a secondary battery so that during daytime it stores energy from the attached panels then discharges the stored energy during night time. This design allowed for one of the first “zero carbon” non-stop flights in 2007.
- WELL-VERIFIED AND MARKET-LEADING PERFORMANCES IN HARSH WEATHER CONDITIONS
- In aviation or aviation equipment, the performance of batteries is imperative –able to withstand frequent changes in temperature or other environmental conditions as well as being lightweight. Kokam products are tested to function normally over a wide range of temperatures, humidity and pressure. The high power output feature is ideal for an aircraft backup power source which can function in the event of a failure of the normal power system.
- REALIZATION OF CUSTOMIZED CELLS FOR UAV
- High power output makes Kokam’s cells ideal for both the main propulsion energy source and as backup. Their gravimetric energy density of 248 Wh/kg greatly exceeds the competition, lowering the overall weight and cross section of the vehicle and allowing extended range and flight time.
- KEY STRENGTHS
- Market-leading performance in harsh weather
- Extremely high energy density
- Outstanding power to weight ratio
- Well Verified Safety and Reliability
- High Energy Density
- - Manned Aircraft
- - UAVs
- - Solar integrated Aircraft
- - Engine starter
- - Emergency & Auxiliary Power