Global aircraft manufacturers see a future in electric and hybrid aircrafts. They have begun their journey towards 'carbon zero', developing eco-friendly systems in line with global environmental regulations to reduce CO2 emissions. On January 13, 2019, Boeing unveiled its Flying Car and succeeded in its first test flight. Siemens predicts that hybrid passenger jets will start to emerge by 2030 and the electric propulsion system will become the aviation standard by 2050. The European Union (EU) has announced its goal to reduce 75 percent of the current CO2 emissions in the aviation sector by 2050. Norway decided that all of its short-haul flights will be on electric aircraft by 2040. France, as well as EU countries, such as Sweden, the Netherlands and Belgium is pushing to introduce environmental taxes on planes to reduce greenhouse gases. With these trends and changes, the aviation industry continues to develop hybrid and all-electric aircrafts. At the same time, the battery market is growing in a wide range of applications, including drones, solar powered aircraft, electric air taxis, and Flying Cars.
WELL-VERIFIED AND MARKET -LEADING PERFORMANCES IN HARSH WEATHER CONDITIONS
In aviation or aviation equipment, the performance of batteries is imperative, being able to withstand frequent changes in temperature or other environmental conditions as well as being light weight. Kokam products are tested to function normally over a wide range of temperatures, humidity and pressure. The high power output feature is ideal for an aircraft backup power source which can function in the event of a failure of the normal power system.
The compactness of Kokam’s battery solution decreases the overall consumption of fuel – saving both cost and energy. Kokam has successfully designed and manufactured mission-critical battery solutions which have been applied to a variety of solutions out in the field today.
- The Future for
Next Generation of Aviation
- Light Weight Compact, light weight and simple design
- Powerful High power capability
- Flexibility Applicable to a wide range of aircrafts and aviation equipment
- Effective High Energy Density
- An electric aircraft produces less noise and vibration. It also has a lighter and simpler design compared to an internal combustion engine. An electric glider, for example, could be commercialized to two-seater aircraft equipped with 5-10kWh Kokam batteries for propulsion power. A solar powered airplane also installs a secondary battery so that during daytime it stores energy from the attached panels then discharges the stored energy during night time.
- - Manned Aircraft
- Solar Integrated Aircraft
- Engine Starter
- Emergency & Auxiliary Power
In aviation, the performance of batteries is imperative Kokam's well verified battery solution
withstands frequent temperature changes and harsh environmental conditions with a lightweight feature.
AVIATION / UAV APPLICATIONS
UAV / Drone